Prefer Doing Something Enjoyful Than Making Money


Next year, 2018, will be my fourth years in blogosphere. I started my first blog in the last quarter of 2014. Since, then I developed quite many blogs.

Some has kicked off and started gaining quite lots of readers, some are "still" infant in terms of spectators and contents. Very few produce small amount of money.

People may say I have been wasting money and time taking care of some things that haven't given me money. After three years, the money obtained from Adsense advertisement is only enough to pay to rent the domain and also web-hosting.

Well, yeah. If money is the standard used to measure, perhaps, I didn't spend my time wisely.

However, there are lots of happiness I experience during my blogging time. Although it is not quite a lot as I am expected, I added into my not too long list of friends, several other names gained from blogwalking or blogger community. Some old friend , that I never met for more than twenty years popped up suddenly because they read my blog.

I am happy.

Money is of course important for me as also for other people, but my daily job provided me enough to cover my family expense upto proper level. I never thought to blog for money.

Once in the middle of my blogging journey, money has interfered my mind and once it was my purpose of my blogging journey.

Unfortunately, or fortunately, not long after that, I realized that it didn't work for me. Lots of stressful feelings came after I decided to make money as the sole target. I lost my appetite to write anything. I lost my passion.

I found blogging was no different from my current job. Boring and stressful.

I need blogging as my hideaway from my daily activities to earn a living. I need it as a place to escape from my routine. I need blogging to be the media of expressing myself and creativity.

Definitely, I want also more money to come.

But, I don't need it immediately.

So, after few days of consideration, I decided not to let money entered too much in my blogging. I decided to enjoy the journey itself than thinking too much about where the road will bring me.

Some people may think I am stupid and useless doing something without clear direction but let them say whatever they want. This is my life, my blogging jouney, so I should not care too much about what other people think and say.

I really prefer doing something enjoyful than just making money, even though I am not rich. It gives me more freedom.