Queueing, Indonesians Are A Bit More Civilized Now


What is the attractive point of capturing queueing people? Nothing, perhaps. If you are coming from developed countries, then this act has no meaning. Queueing is something usual in your daily life.

However, seeing this in Indonesia gives me quite a big grin in my face. At last, we take a forward step to become civilized society.

For sure, if you arrive at our international airports, then you can find the same views. Indonesians that travel a lot to overseas have adopted international way of behaviour. They are not uncommon with that.

Unfortunately, it is not yet 100% adopted by Indonesians in their daily life outside the places where we interact with people from other countries. Queueing can, somehow be considered as not common in our life. Honestly, I don't want to talk bad about my own people but even until now, this first time first served habit is not yet accepted by Indonesians.

I don't know why.

That's why seeing people standing in line always make me smile, a big and happy one as I think my country and my people are moving into a right direction. A more civilized society.

(The picture was taken in Gondangdia Train Station, Jakarta)