Learning by Doing


The Mundane is the name chosen for this blog. If you are a native speaker of English, you may then raise your brow while thinking how poor English skill Indonesians have.

You are not 100% wrong in this case. My English is quite broken. It's been quite a while since my last time writing articles in English. One or two years, maybe. This has caused me losing some parts of my capability.

However, you are not correct either. I know quite well that a "mundane" is an adjective and it should have not been used in that way. The noun form, the mundanity or mundaneness should be the one used behind "the". However, for me , the Mundanitiy doesn't look appealing. Not strange enough.

So better to use the original word, Mundane, the adjective for the title of this blog.

It is not fully due to my broken English, but more intentionally done.

Anyway, this blog is also my other way of learning of English writing. As a non native speaker, like or not, I have to keep practicing of my skill as much as possible otherwise I may lose my already not enough skill of this Queen Elizabeth's language.

Since my time was already occupied for earning a living, daily, and also my involvement in blogosphere, as a blogger, there is no other way to do that by applying the method of learning by doing.

By writing this articles, I can remind my brain about so many English grammars as well as keeping my hand accustomed with several new words. I tried not to use the same word at least in a paragraph because by doing that I can force myself to find the synonyms or antonyms.

At the same time, I still can share something to anyone who wants to read.

It is not perfect, it seems will never be.

I will still an Indonesian with a broken English but that's what makes blogging in English is more adventurous and challenging for me.

The Mundane is the interpretation of learning by doing in my version.