Just Guess What The Guy Is Doing


Guess, please?

What is the guy on the photo doing on the roadside?

I could not take the picture from the front side, so I can not provide you with any clearer sign about the action was taking the place at that time.

Just a bit information that on the modified bicycle next to him, there were loud speakers and sound amplifier. He rides it crawling Jakarta's streets everyday.

It was my 2nd or 3rd meeting with him. That makes me sure about what action he is performing on the side of the streets everyday.

Can you?

Or

You can not?

Anyway, let me tell you.

He is a street performer.

The action you saw on the picture is him singing. He used the roadside as his stage and sang some "dangdut" songs.

Do you know what is "dangdut"? It is a genre in Indonesian music made from a combinatiom of Arabian, Malay, and Indian genre. It is quite a famous type of music in Indonesia.

Can you imagine how loud his voice was? It is already quite uneasy to hear someone talk on the crowded streets. So, the sound of his song and music must be louder than the noise caused by vehicles running on the street.

And, yes, his sound was very loud.

I was around 5 meters from where the guy sang and not only I could hear his voice, but I needed to close my ears to avoid dizziness from coming inside my head.

Anyway, this is the mobile street performers in Indonesia do. They bring their equipment everywhere to find a place considered suitable for them to perform.

Probably, you should try to listen to his music. It can beat the winners of the Voice, in terms of its loudness.